The seven things I’ve learned from going Paleo. Day 7
Happy Sunday, everyone!
Today marks seven days of clean eating. What a ride it’s been! Below are the seven things I’ve learned so far this week.
1. Surround yourself with positive and supportive people. This is one of the biggest ways I’ve been able to achieve success this week. None of my friends have enabled me. Some have teased, but I know it’s all in good fun and they truly support the hard work I’m putting in. Don’t surround yourself with negative people. It only breeds negativity and will hinder your success.
2. Sunbutter is the SHIT. I was very sad when I had to break up with my peanut butter. I tried almond butter and thought I was destined to never enjoy a nut butter of any kind, but now me and Sunbutter go together like peas and carrots.
3. Paleo ain’t cheap. I’m not sure I understand why it’s SO expensive to eat clean, but I DO understand how we’re all so obese. You can buy a burger and fries for $2. I paid almost $3 for two yellow squash today. To me, this is worth the investment in my health and the health of my family. Trader Joes is also a wonderful place to get started. Coconut oil, ghee, and veggies are yummy there and affordable. “Money isn’t everything, but everything needs money.”
4. Ask for help when you need it. If you don’t understand, need encouragement, or just want to talk through it, ASK. I have a wonderful online community I can lean on and have met some awesome people at my CF box that are willing to answer questions. My awesome friend Chris is always checking on me and answering even the silliest of questions with a smile.
5. Plan plan plan. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. You absolutely have to prepare for each day as if the items in your lunchbox are contingent on surviving the day. I’m serious, I pack some serious food in there daily because I never want to be unprepared. Being hungry and not having Paleo options is not something I ever want to experience.
6. Salads without dressing are edible and DELICIOUS! If you have to eat some sort of dressing, squeeze a lemon on it.
7. Going out to eat is NOT impossible. All it takes is a little planning beforehand. Meat and veggies are everywhere, ya’ll.
Tomorrow I’m posting my starting weight as well as where I currently am today. Stay tuned and check this out!
Have a great week!